Italian comfort food totally brings me back to my childhood. This rustic risotto boasts wonderful flavors of mushroom, white wine, garlic, fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. It is a must for a cool Autumn night, and can be used as a side-dish to salmon or chicken, or holds up nicely on its own as a main course. Those watching their carbohydrate intake might want to stick to it as a side.
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2 cups baby portabello mushrooms
- 2 tsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh parsley chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Mediterranean sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese I used Sartori Reserve Balsamic BellaVitano
- 1 cups white wine (dry) I used Sleepy Cat Urban Winery's Phoenix Sunshine (Sauvignon Blanc)
- Add olive oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms.
- Add minced fresh garlic and saute for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of your chicken broth and 1/3 cup of your chosen white wine.
- Stir in Arborio rice, basil and pepper.
- Continuously stir until the liquid is almost totally absorbed.
- Repeat process, adding 1 cup chicken broth and 1/3 cup wine at a time, until the liquid absorbs and the rice becomes tender.
- Once tender, stir in Parmesan and salt.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Phoenix Sunshine (Sauvignon Blanc) – Dry http://sleepycaturbanwinery.com/
Share this Recipe